Sunday, August 30, 2009

Podcasting

Here goes, to be honest with you, I am, in no way familiar with pod-casting or podcast. But this is a process of learning so here goes nothing. I did watch four podcast, Blogger lesson, I-tunes, Twitter Lesson, and Smart-board Lessons #11.

The purpose of pod-casting, in my opinion, is an excellent way to learn through visual aides. The three podcast that were on the professor's blog site were very enlightening, in helping to learn the different aspects of each site mentioned ( i.e. Twitter, I-tunes, and Blogger Lessons. These pod-casts walked me through the activities with out a problem. This also allows me to go back and listen again if I missed something.

The only way I assume, and I am sure I am going to look very stupid when I say this, but is that Dr. Strange videoed the computer screen while discussing the different things you could do on each site. This way the person could see what he was doing on his computer while listening to him. In the last podcast however that I listened to , Smart Board Lessons, there was no visual aide. There were two people discussing different things that teachers could do in the math class. They did however mention that other podcast discuss different options for every subject.

I look forward to learning how podcast work in the future. Understanding this will help in the classroom, to bring in outside insight to the students. I know that they easily get bored, and with student's technical knowledge, their interest will be peaked. I also think that if more products come with podcast instructions, it would be easier to assemble or learn the proper technique to be successful.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts about podcasts. We share the same ideas. Great Job Kevin.

    ReplyDelete