Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Media Literacies

Well this video cast presented a lot of information in a short amount of time. I think that the skills that were presented are something that we as business people already use. However, with today's technology the way information is presented is the difference. As previously stated, I do not necessarily see these ideas as 21st century ideas, just ideas that are being presented differently do to the ever changing technology. Obviously, others will have to master and successfully use this information to succeed in their field.

I see myself as knowing a majority of these skills. However using them in the context of social networking, I am still in the process of learning. I continue to make strives to succeed in the field of education, therefore I will continue to learn as much as possible to help my students. Also, with the help of my PLN, Personal Learning Network, I will be able to find my answers faster than before. As the pace of life changes, and it seems to be going faster and faster these days, it is important to find information as soon as possible. Furthermore, we as consumers, are encouraged to look at the information of others to see if our purchases will be worthwhile.

Two words that stuck out in my mind as I viewed the video was the word play and negotiations. We as individuals start off learning by the form of play. If students learn the ideas in this video early on, it is inevitable that they will only go further, and expand their minds even further. The other word was negotiations. Once a child learns to negotiate, they become more socially aware.

As they also said in the video, "Collective Intelligence is important for the World," and I couldn't agree more. Working together as a group to solve the problems, is a good idea. My only hope, is that this and other sites remain politically neutral. I have seen many sites that begin to stray to one side of the political spectrum or the other cutting off many of the former listeners or readers. Other than that, interaction between individuals, through the words described in the video are important for not only students, but also the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment