Sunday, November 8, 2009

Editorial comment on this weeks assignment.

I have to say that this video started off to be very boring, and I was asking myself what is the purpose and meaning behind what he was telling me. As the video approached the end, and he had gone over his research and his findings it became a little clearer and the video made a little bit more sense. It is very difficult to find myself as one of the makers of a video because I am just not the type of person to put myself out there, but I do find it interesting watching others, and the sociological implications that his study presented. The aspect of sociology, presented here in his blog video or vlog, was that each generation has a different perspective of "self", and as the generations passed it was more evident that the idea of "self" was or is changing to "we". Through the use of technology we can find ourselves put out there in cyber space and sometimes people need the anonymity (even if we can see them, they do not see us, as stated in the video), to discuss things that are not really discussed. So the implications of You-Tube and other technological outlets are expanding the ways to communicate messages to each other or masses in order to reveal, inform, or humor people. The only advantage I see for this information is its use in the classroom. As a teacher I can see myself using You-Tube and other sites to inform children and expand their little minds of the world around them and not just the biases of the news or other outlets. However the schools of today are going to have to a little more lenient when it comes to technology, otherwise the children are going to miss out on what we teachers have learned to present to them, and the different ways we are capable of presenting said material.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Kevin, I willnot put myself out there like that. I am a very private person. I don't see the point of being on you tube. I like my personal space and dont feel a need to share it with the world. Why put myself on public display for the world to see. I am not Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! I see myself only using sites such as You Tube in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your post was really good. I agree with that I will use Youtube and what not in my class if the students will pay attention I will use it. The clip began sort of fast for me and boring too. It really hit home though in the end.

    ReplyDelete