Sunday, November 22, 2009

Three List; The Two from each I think are most imoprtant.

The first web post that we were required to look at today was from Doug Johnson, entitled Seven Stupid Mistakes, the second was another post from Mr. Johnson titled 7 Brilliant things a Teacher can do with Technology. From this list we were asked to pick two from each that were most important to us. On the first post, Seven Stupid Mistakes, the two I chose, or I that I thought were most important were;1)Not supervising children while they are using the computer. and 2) Teacher's teaching styles do not need to change. Here is the reason why I chose the first one. I feel that it is very important to supervise students while they are on the computer. Their skills on the computer are very advanced, and they can get into anything they need to while on a school computer. Therefore it is important that teachers not allow children to have free range on their own. The things they could find could not only harm them but you as well. The second one I chose, Teachers shouldn't change their teaching styles. Anyone who has this opinion should definitely pick a different career. Teachers must constantly change up the way they teach, not only to make sure that the children are understanding the information, but also so that the children will stay engaged in the learning process.
On to the things smart teachers do. The two things that I thought were the most important are Accepting the role of co-learner, and using the kids devices against them. I chose the first one because no one is perfect, and for a teacher or teachers to remain at the top of their game they must constantly strive to be life long learners. In order to get the latest information to them they must keep up themselves,teachers that is. Furthermore, the second rule I chose for smart teachers is to use the childrens' own devices against them. The teacher must use technology in the classroom, due to the fact that a majority of children are involved with some sort of technology. If a teacher were to use these devices then they are going to be prone to be more involved and apt to learn.
Finally, the last list we were required to read, New Rules of the Classroom, by Education Innovation. The two new rules that I thought were most important were Come to class everyday, unless you plan on going online. I chose this because, I think with the advancement of technology it is very easy to stay home and learn. I think that times are changing and the schools need to catch up, with today's fast paced society. The second most important rule that I thought was important was Use polite speech while in class, and on all online devices. As we have seen in the past many have observed the emergence of cyber bullying and other forms of rude communication. I think that it is very important to keep in mind that there is no need for this type of action from any party that would put down another. That is why I chose these different rules and suggestions as the most important in my eyes, feel free to comment and give me the reasons as to why you feel otherwise. Here are the sites to read the following information, check it out.
New Classroom Rules
Seven Stupid Things, and Seven Smart Things

No comments:

Post a Comment