Sunday, November 15, 2009

Teacher's Desk





After reading through many of the blogs on this site it amazed me how connected these teachers were. I have set up similar accounts (Twitter and Delicious) and have had many ideas brought to my attention that I plan on using in my future classroom. I hope that when I become a teacher I can also put in my two cents and help some of them the way they are helping me with ideas now,I am keeping a notebook for the good ideas. I also enjoyed reading about he idea of having students Skyping and talking to others from a different country allowing them to speak in the language that they are learning.I see this as being a very important aspect of future teachers as well as experienced ones. However, I see the difficulty in using some of these technologies, due to the time constraints.
If the teachers were allowed to schedule what they do and their time, I can see how worth while a lot of these technological advances would be. I hope that the school system will begin to allow the teachers this freedom to expand the minds of the children. Collaborative teaching is very beneficial because different aspects of subjects are brought to the attention of all, therefore expanding on topics and educatin the children further than what they normally may be exposed to. I appreciate the technology and hope that my accounts, such as twitter and delicious will help me the way that so many others have been helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment