Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mr. Fisch

Okay, here goes, I do not completely agree with this man or his thoughts. Do I think it is important to know how to work a computer yes. Do I think it is important to know how to create your own programs and create software, well no, if we could all do this then what would all of the computer technicians do. If we all knew how to fix all our own problems or products then why would we need anyone else? I know that is a little extreme, but that is how I feel after reading Mr. Fisch's post. Comparing this to illiteracy, is completely amazing. We still have many people in this world who are illiterate, so why move on to another issue when we haven't even fixed the first one yet. I guess those problems should be expunged from the software, with the use of CCleaner or RegCure. I understand that everyone must have their soap box for one issue or another. I am glad to know that he is worried about 2020, when the world is all technological, and its advances in computers.

Here is where I agree. I do think that it is important to learn how to use the computer and its components. It is important for this basic understanding when going into the business world. However, one point, most places will train you on some of the more complex computer programs that that company has or uses. Computers are a part of our world now, and have made life easier, I will agree with that. As to how the world will run in twenty more years, after many more advances, and probably a thousand more upgrades later(and that number is probably very short of what the actual number will be) I have no clue. However, teachers should take this time to instruct students on how to use the computer and what they will need to know for it. Computers should also help in the classroom as instructional aides. Therefore, teachers should keep up to date with the relevant software as it becomes available.

1 comment:

  1. Great analysis Kevin! I have found that people see this post in two different ways: Some see it as I think you did, going a little too far, and others embrace it. I can appreciate points on both sides. As you said you don't think everyone can be an expert on everything but it is important for teachers to be able to know enough to instruct their students effectively. I think this is the basic message and I agree with you. SS

    ReplyDelete